Change in number of beneficiaries (households/communities/productive organizations/IGAs) improving their resilience through livelihoods reinforcement and protection.
The indicator measures the improvement of households/communities/etc. resilience through livelihoods strengthening, diversification and protection interventions, It includes all kind of interventions that aim to:
- Reduction of the duration of the lean season
- Reduction in the use of coping strategies in the lean season (e.g. livelihoods assets preservation, migration)
- Using of household/community protection mechanisms to cope hazards
It can be an outcome or an impact level indicator, and contains or includes :
- Natural resource management interventions
- Application of key practices to strengthen and/or protect their livelihoods
- Diversification of incomes generation activities
Gender, age, disabilities, chronic diseases (if individuals, associations members, etc.);
Head of household gender, age, disabilities, chronic diseases, dependency ratio (if households), and any other relevant criteria, such as urban/rural, religious, ethnic or political identities;
Wealth groups; Livelihoods group (e.g. pastoralist, farmers, traders)
Period to achieve the objective;
Direction of change:
Both secondary and primary data collection can be used according to context.
- Baseline/Endline. If multiyear programme consider a mid-term reporting/evaluation
- Secondary data. Reliable/relevant sources from other actors, clusters or government.
Data Collection methods:
Secondary data analysis;
Households Survey, Focus Group Discussions;
IGA/productive organization survey and records;
To measure this indicator it's necessary to have baseline information related households/communities capacity to cope with hazards and shocks (e.g. start and duration of leans season, number and type of coping strategies adopted by households/communities, etc.).
Indicators measures could also be based in new stablished resilience mechanisms (protection infrastructures, insurances; community disaster risk capacity -with livelihoods component-, etc.)