Change in number of population getting access and equal opportunities in developing their livelihoods activity.
Interventions aimed to change (improve) population access, equal opportunities and rights to develop their livelihoods activities.
- Includes all empowerment initiatives to access equal livelihood opportunities (access to vocational trainings, access to markets/financial systems, access and land tenancy) and rights (equal wages, decision-making changes)
- Includes formalized access to basic livelihoods assets such as land, electricity, water
- Includes actions to formalize the work permit situation of refugees (or other groups)
It's important to specify the group who it is addressed to (e.g. women, ethnic minorities)
Target group: Gender, age, disabilities, chronic diseases, and any other relevant criteria, such as urban/rural, wealth group, livelihoods group (pastoralist, farmers, traders), religious, ethnic or political identities;
Period to achieve the objective;
Direction of change:
Both secondary and primary data collection can be used according to context.
- Baseline/Endline. If multiyear programme consider also a mid-term evaluation.
- Secondary data. Reliable/relevant sources from other actors, clusters or government (e.g. assessment information, reference to a normal situation).
Unit of Measurement: Population. If percentage:
- Numerator: Number population getting access and equal opportunities to develop their livelihood activity.
- Denominator: Total number of targeted population
Data Collection methods:
Secondary data analysis;
Households Survey, Focus Group Discussions;
Key Informant Interviews;
Formal ownership records;
Productive organizations, MSMEs' survey and records;
Improvement of access and equal opportunities to develop livelihoods activities, can be measured (depending on the program and objectives) through:
- Formal ownership and access records (land tenure, MSME ownership, credit access, etc.)
- Household surveys with intra-household (checking who in the household has (a) access to/ use of, (b) control of, each asset)
- Local/regional employment records
- Training records
- Legislation, policies, strategies changes that benefit an overall group (e.g. displaced population, minority, etc.)
- Access to Market and Services
- Income Generation Activities and Employment›Employment
- Income Generation Activities and Employment›IGA
- Livelihoods Structures and Processes
- Livelihoods and Natural Resources Protection
- Primary production›Agriculture
- Primary production›Fishery and Aquaculture
- Primary production›Forestry
- Primary production›Livestock