Change in number of policies, laws, contingency plans, strategies, structures adopted or created to improve the livelihoods development and protection environment
All advocacy and strengthening interventions to enable an enhanced environment to develop vulnerable people/groups' livelihoods
- Includes the adoption of laws/policies/regulations to allow the access to basic livelihoods assets
- Includes the adoption of laws/policies/regulations to allow equal livelihoods opportunities and rights
- Includes national or local regulations/strategies or structures to improve market development, access to credit/financial systems
- Includes national or local regulations/strategies or structures to protect natural resources and livelihoods (e.g. early warning systems, natural resources regulations)
It's important to specify the group who it is addressed to if necessary (e.g. women, ethnic minorities, traders)
Target group: Gender, age, disabilities, chronic diseases, and any other relevant criteria, such as urban/rural, wealth group, livelihoods group (pastoralist, farmers, traders), religious, ethnic or political identities;
Period to achieve the objective;
Direction of change:
Both secondary and primary data collection can be used according to context.
- Baseline/Endline. If multiyear programme consider also a mid-term evaluation.
- Secondary data. Reliable/relevant sources from other actors, clusters or government (e.g. assessment information, reference to a normal situation).
Unit of Measurement: Policies, laws, contingency plans, strategies, structures, etc.
Data Collection methods:
Secondary data analysis;
Government reports/records/plans of action (regional, local);
Formal ownership records;
Target group surveys / Focus Group Discussions;
Key Informant Interviews.
Measure the number of policies/strategies, etc., adopted or created and their application.
Depending on the type of policy/regulation it would be necessary to link it with the development or improvement of livelihoods
Measure advocacy activities: number of events, documents published and signatories as often this can be done as a lobby to generate a change in policy, law regulations (which sometimes might take a long time).
- Access to Market and Services
- Income Generation Activities and Employment›Employment
- Income Generation Activities and Employment›IGA
- Livelihoods Structures and Processes
- Livelihoods and Natural Resources Protection
- Primary production›Agriculture
- Primary production›Fishery and Aquaculture
- Primary production›Forestry
- Primary production›Livestock