Change in number of livelihoods support service initiatives and/or markets available and/or strengthened
livelihoods support services are all kind of services that allow improve livelihoods activities and their productivity. This indicator measures the availability or strengthening of these services :
- Includes the support to markets/traders (formal or informal)
- Includes the support to credit and other financial services initiatives (insurances, microcredits)
- Includes the support to technical services such as trainings (public extensionist /extension workers), or other productive services (e.g. veterinary services, etc.)
- Includes the support to all kind of formal and informal livelihoods support services
Gender, age, disabilities, chronic diseases (of the support service holder) and any other relevant criteria, such as urban/rural, religious, ethnic or political identities;
Period to achieve the objective;
Direction of change:
Both secondary and primary data collection can be used according to context.
- Baseline/Endline. If multiyear programme consider also a mid-term evaluation.
- Secondary data. Reliable/relevant sources from other actors, clusters or government (e.g. assessment information, reference to a normal situation).
Unit of Measurement: livelihoods support service, market
Data Collection methods:
Secondary data analysis;
Focus Group Discussions; Key Informant Interviews;
Service availability / coverage assessment in a geographical area.
livelihoods support services' records (Financial institutions records, etc.).
Depending on the type of service, the indicator measure:
- the number of services available;
- the change in service coverage (rate de services par targeted population);
- the improvement of the service (e.g. formalized, increase in the number of credits/amount of credits).