Change in number of people equipped with new skills/knowledges strengthen, protect or diversify their livelihoods thanks to the program/project
Increase of skills/knowledge to improve/strength/launch household livelihoods activities.
- Includes all kind of education training and capacity building activities developed by extensionist workers, organization's trainers, etc.
- Includes skills to grow/launch a business, get a paid job, compete in job market
- Includes skills / knowledge to improve primary production: staple crop, vegetable and agroforestry production, livestock, pisciculture, aquaculture, apiculture, cuniculture production, etc.
- Includes skills/knowledge to strength targeted population's micro-small or medium enterprises.
- MSME: micro, small and medium enterprises (formal or informal)
Gender, age, disabilities, chronic diseases, and any other relevant criteria, such as urban/rural, religious, ethnic or political identities;
Wealth groups; Livelihoods group (e.g. pastoralist, farmers, traders)
Period to achieve the objective;
Consider disaggregation of information by trained and non-trained households.
Direction of change:
Both secondary and primary data collection can be used according to context.
- Baseline/Endline. If multiyear programme consider also a mid-term evaluation.
- Secondary data. Reliable/relevant sources from other actors, clusters or government (e.g. assessment information).
Unit of Measurement: Population (trained people). If percentage:
- Numerator: Number of targeted population that has gained new knowledge / skills.
- Denominator: Total number of trained people
Data Collection methods:
Secondary data analysis;
Focus Group Discussions; Key Informant Interviews.
Knowledge or KAP Survey;
Pre & post training evaluation;
6-12 months after training survey;
Measure of the gained knowledge.
Compare them with the needed skills to develop a specific livelihoods activity (educational plan, standardized extension trainings, etc.).
This should be done by training or session test and not linked only to participation in training or sessions.